[About The Guide]
VM Integrity failure
Explanation: This error indicates a misuse of the VM System has
occurred by either an internal or external (third-party) subsystem.
Action: Test the following suggestions to help eliminate the
1. Check for memory conflicts that could result in virtual memory
2. Check for incorrect data type passed to the IAMBS (VMM) or a GET
3. Check third party .LIBraries for compatibility and version.
4. Test using a simple .LNK script to create the .EXE.
5. Resolve 100% of all warnings and errors occurring at link time.
Link with VERBOSE while redirecting to an error output file.
6. Attempt to extract a test without using built-in, add-on, or
third party .LIBrary functions, and see if the error still occurs.
7. Create a protected mode version of the application linking with
MAP S, N, A. Identify the runtime address reported by comparing it
with the named module for the most closely matched address listed in
See Also: Error 999 and 5302, "Linking" and "Debugger" chapters of
the Programming and Utilities Guide, "VM API" in the Technical Reference
This page created by ng2html v1.05, the Norton guide to HTML conversion utility.
Written by Dave Pearson