[About The Guide]
4412 Indexing miscalculation
Explanation: This error occurs during indexing if there has been a
miscalculation of how indexing should occur.
Action: Some suggestions to resolve the problem are:
1. Try increasing available conventional memory for indexing operation.
2. Try indexing using a small test program.
3. Test recreating the index with one more or one less database record.
4. Test recreating the index with one more or one less byte in the key
5. Test adding CHR(0) to the key.
6. Test with the E:0 parameter in the SET CLIPPER environment variable.
Note: The LEN( CHR(0) ) is one byte, the LEN("") is 0 bytes. Test
with combinations of the above suggestions.
See Also: "The Runtime Environment" chapter of the Programming and
This page created by ng2html v1.05, the Norton guide to HTML conversion utility.
Written by Dave Pearson