The price will be $4.00 per month per login user. You can discontinue the service anytime and you will only be billed monthly when the service starts.What is Propel Accelerator?
It's the fastest Web Accelerator on the market!How does it work?
If you surf the Internet using a dial-up connection, you are painfully aware of how slow Web pages load. Propel Accelerator is a subscription-based service that works with your existing dial-up connection, allowing you to dramatically increase your surfing speed. Pages that previously took almost 30 seconds to load, can now be viewed in less than 7 seconds, on average, and sometimes even faster.
Propel Accelerator is the next best thing to DSL, at a fraction of the price. Unlike costly and limited-availability broadband solutions, Propel Accelerator is:
Available anywhere there is a telephone line. Requires NO new hardware. Is easy to install -- a few clicks will download it to your PC! Works seamlessly with your existing dial-up account. Costs just pennies a day and gives you accelerated access to all your favorite Web sites.
Propel Accelerator is designed to provide maximum acceleration for the Web sites you visit regularly.How fast is it?
So, the more you surf, the faster your favorite pages will load!
Specifically, Propel Accelerator speeds up the delivery of Web pages four ways:
- Compression. Propel Accelerator delivers text and graphics more efficiently, using a proprietary compression technology that significantly reduces the size of Web pages and page elements sent to your browser.
- Caching. Propel Accelerator improves upon your browser's caching ability. Propel intelligently retains and reuses Web pages and page elements that have previously been sent to your PC. That's why the longer Propel Accelerator is in use on your PC, the faster your Web pages will load.
- Persistent Connections. Propel Accelerator uses proprietary techniques to carefully manage and optimize the communication between your modem and our network of servers through a persistent connection. This eliminates the time wasted re-establishing and closing TCP/IP connections. Optional Content Filtering. Propel Accelerator lets you block unsolicited content, such as pop-up ads and in page ads, which contributes to long wait times.
Performance BoostBlock Advertisements
With Propel Accelerator, Web pages load an average of 3 to 5 times faster. The more regularly you visit specific Web sites, the better the performance you will receive.
Here is an example of tests we ran with and without Propel Accelerator.
Popular Web Sites *Before Propel® *With Propel How much Faster
Ebay 11.65 seconds 2.97 seconds 3.92 X faster! USA Today 32.43 seconds 3.77 seconds 8.60 X faster! Mapquest.com 30.56 seconds 5.01 seconds 6.10 X faster! Monster.com 11.74 seconds 3.04 seconds 3.86 X faster! CNN 11.68 seconds 2.26 seconds 5.17 X faster!
*Average time calculated based on loading the home page. First time visit to a Web page loads on average 2 times faster. Subsequent visits to the page load, on average,
3 times faster.
What Gets Accelerated
Most Web content will be accelerated, but there are certain exceptions:
Optional Content FilteringWill Propel Accelerator work on my PC?
Propel Accelerator lets you block unsolicited content, such as pop-up ads and in page ads, which contributes to long wait times.
Propel Accelerator can block pop-up and pop-under windows that clutter your screen and slow down your surfing. You'll hear a noise and/or see an icon each time a pop-up has been blocked. It's easy to see a pop-up that was blocked, to allow some pop-ups to always be shown and to turn the feature on and off.
Propel Accelerator can block most advertisements that appear on web pages. When an ad is blocked, it is replaced with a light gray box on the web page, to make sure that web pages maintain their intended design. You can easily view blocked ads by right clicking on the gray box. As with pop-up blocking, you can turn this feature on and off any time you like.
Propel Accelerator has been through rigorous third-party testing* to ensure that:
Please check the requirements below to make sure your PC will work successfully with Propel Accelerator!
- It runs on most Microsoft® Windows-based PC systems, including virtually any PC purchased within the last 4 years
- It does not in any way interfere with other software or applications that you use
Propel Accelerator works with most Microsoft® Windows -based personal computers in use today, including virtually all PCs purchased within the last 4 years. See details below.
Platforms: Windows 98/NT 4.0/2000/ME/XP (sorry, no Macintosh support yet. Browsers:
IE 5.0 or later, AOL 6 and 7, or Netscape 4.7 or later, MSN Explorer
See special instructions for Opera and Mozilla
Utilities: Works with many ad blockers, popup stoppers, personal firewalls, and other utilities.
Available Disk space: 25 MB
(135 MB recommended)
Total System memory (RAM): 32 MB
(64 MB highly recommended)
* Testing by E-Testing Labs: www.etestinglabs.com